Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let's get naked

Joh 4:9 The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

Joh 4:25 The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
Joh 4:26 Then Jesus declared, "I, the one speaking to you—I am he."

Joh 4:27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?"
Joh 4:28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people,
Joh 4:29 "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?"
Joh 4:30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

The woman at the well had an encounter with God's grace. She did not hide her sin; she did not try to explain it or justify it; she stood before Jesus and admitted her guilt. She walked away refreshed and clean! He provided what she needed; Love, acceptance, and forgiveness. He loved the sinful woman who was standing before Him.

We (the Body) need to encounter Christ this way! Is the church full of sinners who have stood at the well themselves? I mostly see people who have learned to play the Christian part to a tee. We speak of our disciplines and wisdom, but I don't want to know about that stuff anymore! I want to know about the time when it was YOU at the well and how you encountered Jesus. I want to know how you fell short and Jesus loved you and accepted you anyway.

Not only is our falseness hiding Christ from the world, but it's keeping the Church captive. Listen, Let's take off our falseness and stand before the One who truly loves us. Let's get naked before our Lover. Stand there naked, ( just as you are) and see if you are accepted and loved; you won't be disappointed.

Only when we have received will we be able to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment